Monday 2 February 2009

Oh no! Snow!

Day 2 of the wonderful challenge, and the weather decides to show its face and ruin it for everyone! Well, some of them taking part didn't want to venture outside but I worked round it. To be fair, it didn't really snow much here, but I did have some outdoors cutting to do and there was no way I was doing it in the dark, cold and wet. So I emptied one of my sheds and rigged up some electrics to it. Lo and behold, I was able to router round the template to get a nice clean body! And all from the relative comfort of a 4'x6' shed. Luxury!Not much cleaning up to be done on the edges, which is great. In case you're wondering, it's based on an ESP Viper, and I've drawn on the lines for the body carving. I wasn't entirely sure what wood I'd ended up buying. Initially it looked like mahogany, but having cut it and seen the end grain, I'm pretty sure it's cherry. It was hard to tell in the timber yard as it was heavily varnished and also had bonding agent on the underside. But cherry's nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment