Monday 16 February 2009

Backside

So yesterday (Sunday) was spent getting the rear cavity routed out and the back carved to match the front. It took pretty much the whole day, save for a trip to the chip shop, but it was worth it because I now have this:

So that's it! It just needs some final sanding with some high grit paper and then it can get sprayed. I'm still arguing with myself as to what finish to go for. It would really suit a black finish as it's getting a set of active EMGs in it, so metal is most certainly the flavour. But then I've seen ESP do it in a camo finish and I think that could look killer too. And then there's cherry red! And purple!
Well, maybe not purple (sorry, Junior).
I'll weigh up the options tomorrow and make a start on the finishing on Wednesday.


Here's my spend so far:
Body : £2.50 (reclaim yard)
Neck and hardware : £25.00 (from a donor guitar)
Neck screws and ferrules : £3.95 (Axetec)
EMG 81/85 active pickups with full wiring and pots : £42.62 (bought from an ad on musicradar.com)
Current total : £74.07





No comments:

Post a Comment